I know this post may come to you just under the wire for the big meal but seriously, this recipe is so easy that you don't even need to plan. And it is delicious, so much yummier than the canned stuff which I love, by the way.
I can't take credit for the recipe. I got it from Ocean Spray.
1. Heat 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar in a medium sauce pan until boiling.
2. Add one bag of cranberries (I think it's approximately 2 cups).
3. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour hot mixture into a small holed sieve or food mill if you have one. If you have a food mill, mill the mixture until smooth and most of the cranberries have been pressed. If you don't have one, use a sieve over a bowl.
Use a spoon to press the pulp against the sieve. Every so often use the spoon to scrape the underside of the sieve.
5. Give it a stir. Isn't the color gorgeous? It literally glistens like rubies. So pretty and festive.
6/ Discard the solids left in the sieve and pour the warm sauce into jars or molds. Chill until firm.
It is so yummy! I have one in the fridge chillin' in a mold so if it comes out nicely, I'll post that pic!
Enjoy your meal!